Friday, September 7, 2007

Strength

When I think of strength, it is almost always mental and rarely physical strength I envision. The strength of the man I love can be summed up in these TWO meanings described in my handy Webster's Dictionary:1 - power to resist force and 2 - power to resist attackI imagine that would bring to mind a strong body, with large muscles, to a normal person..but I am far from normal. I imagine in this strength the ability to tell truth from false...to separate the two in his mind and to help me to see the truth in all situations. An individual with this strength would guide me to focus on those things most worthy of my attention and to let go of those things which only clutter my mind.There are many outside forces which can destroy a relationship. Some are so obvious - physical distance, family situations, etc., but others hide under the surface - such as lack of trust. The strength of the man I will love will help both of us to overcome any obstacles - obvious and hidden - and to keep us on track together.A strong man doesn't whine. He doesn't have temper tantrums and he certainly doesn't pout. He motivates me thru his strength and my neverending desire..."need"... to make him happy. He is clear in his desires - in all aspects of our life. He cuts thru the crap and gets to the core, so to speak. He takes the time to know who I am...what I am capable of..and never fails to challenge me to be better than I am. He settles for no less than my very best and is strong enough to demand it. Even when I feel incapable.

No comments: